Cloud Engineer/Technical Lead
|Job Title:||Cloud Engineer/Technical Lead|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019 09:44|
The CER requires a Cloud Engineer/Technical Lead (CE) with broad experience across ICT Infrastructure projects, cloud services and cyber security. The CE is expected to have extensive PowerShell scripting and automation skills in configuring Azure, Office 365, and other Microsoft Cloud offerings.
1. Microsoft Office 365 & Dynamics 365
a. Establish the Agency’s Microsoft Office 365 (Protected) and Dynamics 365 (Unclassified) platforms and connectivity;
b. Establish cloud governance framework to manage consumption and billing;
c. Migration of Exchange, CRM and SharePoint to the new platforms by December 2019;
d. Establish and implement a timeline for the iterative release of Office 365 capability to Agency staff;
e. Assess and establish the disaster recovery and business continuity requirements for these services; and
f. Integrate these services with established security incident and event logging (SIEM) systems and processes.
2. Managed Services Approach To Market
a. Contribute to evaluation of market submissions;
b. Project manage activities associated with transition to the new service;
c. Facilitate coordination between the incumbent and incoming service providers;
d. Manage risks and impacts to the Agency of transitional activities;
e. Provide coordination for potential establishment of an in-house service desk capability; and
f. Provide coordination for potential establishment of an in-house platform support team.
3. Migration of REC Registry
a. Deliver migration of the REC Registry system onto the new platform by May 2020.
4. Cyber Security Works Program
a. Project manage the delivery of an 18 month cyber security works program including SIEM reporting and dashboards, enterprise security architecture, security assessment tools gateway service enhancement, role based access control, firewall audit, implementation of ACSC recommendations.
The CE is expected to have extensive PowerShell scripting and automation skills in configuring Azure, Office 365, and other Microsoft Cloud offerings. Additionally, they will have experience and knowledge with:
• Azure Active Directory and related authentication models (Active Directory Federation Services, Pass Through Authentication, and AD Sync)
• Azure Role Based Authentication (RBAC) including JIT, PIM, MFA and Conditional Access
• Office 365 technologies (eg Exchange, Skype for Business/Teams, SharePoint Online, Dynamics Online, Security & Compliance, OneDrive)
Skills and Experience Required:
- Possess experience providing technical delivery of ICT environment migration projects.
- Possess experience with technical delivery of Protected cloud services and capabiltites to agencies and their end users.
- Possess technical expertise with PowerShell scripting, automation and configuration of Azure, Office 365, and other Microsoft Cloud offerings.
- Possess technical expertise with authentication technologies such as Azure Active Directory (including Active Directory Federation Serices, Pass Through Authentication and AD Sync) and Azure Role Based Authentication (including JIT, PIM, MFA and Conditional Access).
- Possess technical expertise with Office 365 technologies (eg Exchange, Skype for Business/Teams, SharePoint Online, Dynamics Online, Security & Compliance, OneDrive).
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with a start date of 1 July 2019. 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 5 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
System Administrator Cloud Infrastructure Private Cloud Team (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer (multiple positions) Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Infrastructure Developer (multiple positions) Level 4 (TSPV)