|Job Title:||Program Architerct|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 10:07|
The Department has a business requirement for a program architect to assist in the delivery of a business capability program.
The program architect role is a strategic leadership position responsible for building enterprise business capabilities that align with Department strategy, processes and information assets.
You will contribute strongly to drive strategic and organisational change at the enterprise level to achieve Department strategic objectives and program goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Department business and the impact of roles and functions undertaken in relation to the organisation’s reputation to effectively manage operations and corporate services
• Be responsible for establishing the architectural/technical and design principles for the Program’s scope of work.
• Develop technology roadmaps and blueprints for the program;
• Work closely with both the Program Manager and the Enterprise Architecture Office, and provide advice to project teams;
• Obtain the Design Authority Forum approvals for the technical solutions of the program, and leading the development of the system architecture;
• Verify and obtain endorsement of project-level solution architecture/designs and implementation plans;
• Analyze interfaces and critical dependencies between projects and recommending appropriate actions to the Program Manager;
• Work positively with the full range of individuals and groups involved in the program;
• Work with Enterprise domain architects – Application, Integration, Information, infrastructure and storage architects;
• Gain an understanding of the management structures, politics and culture of the business areas(stakeholders) involved in the program;
• Advise on the Program impacts of the forces acting on traditional IT practice — including Mobility, Bigdata, API Management, DevOps, cloud, IOT and containers;
• Gain an understanding of program management principles and practices within the Department;
• Observe industry trends and shaping the program architecture direction to benefit from the new and emerging technologies;
• Develop & maintain the ICT enterprise software architecture and architectural patterns;
• Participate in the governance bodies and boards to evaluate architectural documentation for ICT capabilities and systems and provide subject matter expert advice;
• Conduct system and technical reviews;
• Mentor the junior architects;
• Work effectively in a small team environment;
• Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members; and
• Record and maintain files/information in accordance with Department requirements.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Formal tertiary qualifications in an information technology related field or extensive demonstrated technical equivalent skills and experience.
• Extensive experience in delivery of architecture services to programs
• Building productive working relationships with Stakeholder groups
• Working closely with delivery teams in a fast paced environment to embed practices/approaches using a consultative, collaborative approach
• Experience in architecture governance and architecture risk management.
• Experience in defining Business Architectures that are aligned to business capabilities and strategic priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced understanding of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with an approx start date of 19 August 2019. 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A NV1 security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's