|Job Title:||User Researcher|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 15:54|
The user researcher will work in a multidisciplinary team, with other designers, to influence good design outcomes.
User researchers work within multidisciplinary teams and are responsible for helping teams build an understanding of user’s needs, behaviours and motivations. They take the lead on designing research plans, identifying the most suitable research methods and facilitating research with users or potential users of a product. Following research, they communicate findings back to the whole team through reporting and presentations. They advocate for the user to create actionable insights to guide design. The user researcher will have extensive experience working in Government and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and the service design and delivery process.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 year’s experience in User Research
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience with synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Have previous experience in agile and work at pace in a collaborative environment as part of a multi-disciplined team
The role is Canberra based with an immediate start for a 6 Month Contract with a 6-month extension
Must be an Australian citizen, A Baseline clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain one.
How to Apply:
Applications close 10 June 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst (ICT)
SharePoint Developer (NV1)
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
Network Infrastructure Database Administrator Level 3 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator - Microsoft Technologies Level 4 (TSPV)