Web Operations Engineer– Linux environment
|Job Title:||Web Operations Engineer– Linux environment|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 21:41|
Skills and Experience Required:
- Well-developed skills and knowledge with PHP based software (such as but not limited to Drupal and WordPress).
- Well-developed skills and knowledge with the installation and configuration of open source software packages into a Linux environment.
- Linux system administration qualifications such as RHCT/RHCE.
- Modify open-source systems to improve security measures or introduce new security measures. Update system features or behaviour to meet customer needs as provided through requirements capture by other team members. Participate as a subject matter expert as needed in stakeholder requirements capture, expectation management and education including explaining security risks and issues.Investigate and resolve access control and content security concerns, record investigation steps and outcomes as directed, implement software features and fixes to resolve security issues, escalate to management as necessary.
- Configure web applications (as a back-end web server administrator) to apply and maintain good security.
- Diagnose and resolve system and environment problems, implement break-fixes for diverse customers from individual users to system stakeholders.
- Conduct secure and robust transformations of existing data sets to meet environmental changes and business requirements; test software under environmental changes such as browser, proxy, firewall, network, load management and operating system changes; review, update and test software changes and patches to ensure system integrity and security, coordinate outages, draw on external resources as needed and provide specialist advice to colleagues.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra, 12 month contract. Start date ASAP.
Security Requirements: Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
How to Apply:
Applications open until October or until position is filled.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
System Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Infrastructure Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Client Security Engineer/Architect