|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 11:30|
Experienced Business Analysts are required to join the Infrastructure stream in the Department program, to support requirements management and process design for allocated projects within the delivery stream. These roles are expected to be focused on supporting Cloud, Networks and System Management projects within the stream.
The overall scope of the Infrastructure delivery stream is to deliver a new secure, resilient infrastructure platform for the Department. The technical scope encompasses LAN, WAN, cloud, compute, storage and backup components at numerous sites across Australia, as well as uplifting Enterprise Security, Health Monitoring and Scheduling.
The successful candidate will have experience in eliciting information across a diverse group of both technical and non-technical stakeholders, have an ability to grasp new concepts quickly, be able to distil complex information and document requirements, both functional and non-functional to support procurement and upgrade activities. They will have had experience documenting operational processes for teams supporting the running of Infrastructure platforms, monitoring and scheduling tools.
Further the successful candidate will have prior project experience in defining requirements for infrastructure projects and providing BA support through the project lifecycle, on projects scoped to deliver:
- Cloud services (with a focus on IasS, PaaS)
- WAN/LAN redesign
- Introducing Enterprise Monitoring
- Introducing Enterprise Scheduling
- Providing Business Analysis services to the delivery stream projects, including elicitation and management of requirements, to support project delivery.
- Ensuring BA deliverables align to the standards and expectations set by the BA Capability team.
- Completing process analysis and design activities aligned with process standards as requested.
- Requirements owner for agreed projects within a delivery stream, representing the requirement intent and ensuring Vendor deliverables trace and align to business requirements.
- Completing ad-hoc analysis and providing recommendations as requested.
- Building working relationships within the Department Program to enable successful delivery.
- Contributing to the alignment of the Infrastructure stream with other delivery streams and ensuring consistency with BA outcomes.
- Proactively identify dependencies, risks and issues for the Project, and manage dependencies, risks or issues allocated to them aligned to the agreed framework.
- Working collaboratively with a diverse set of stakeholders internal to and potentially external to the Department.
- Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve products and services.
- Supporting continuous improvement and working with the BA Capability team to implement improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced business analysis, including elicitation for functional and non-functional requirements, requirements management and traceability.
- Technical knowledge and ability to analyse needs and articulate requirements for the underpinning capabilities required to implement Cloud Services (IaaS/PaaS), WANs, LANs, Enterprise Monitoring, Enterprise Scheduling
- Experience on projects delivering creating new WANs or redesigning existing WANs.
- Experience supporting all phases of the delivery lifecycle from Initiation, Procurement and Tender stages through to Testing, Deployment and Transition to operations.
- Knowledge and experience of applying security and resilience principles and frameworks.
- Experience documenting operational processes for teams supporting the running of Infrastructure platforms, monitoring and scheduling tools in an ITIL environment.
- Experiencing working with a diverse stakeholder group including exec level stakeholders, ICT operations and technical teams, as well as customer facing and business operations teams.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to flex style and approach.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven.
- Experience managing requirements via Microfocus ALM/Quality Centre tools.
- 5 -10 years' experience as a Business Analyst.
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. 12 month contract 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020. 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's