|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Zielinski|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 14:02|
Duration: 12 month Contract
Clearance: Baseline preferred
In collaboration with the companies Data Scientists, the successful candidate will develop analytical solutions to deliver transformative technical projects which provide significant business value to the Organisation. They will work closely with business clients to conduct requirement analysis, develop advanced analytical solutions to deliver insights to business for risk identification/assessment and decision making, as well as deploy models to production.
The successful candidate requires an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts. They will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems, and guide/mentor others to achieve results.
• Utilise data science techniques and experimental methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes.
• Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour.
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports to improve user experiences and support overall business outcomes.
• Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems.
• Work with a cross functional team of data scientists, data analysts, report developers and engineers to move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients.
• Work closely with project managers and technical leads to meet deliverables and assist in data-driven development of products to industry and agency standards.
• Review research and discussion papers to develop skills and to share learnings and information with team.
• Convert stakeholder needs into business requirements and provide analytical solutions to support those needs.
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of complex issues to influence desired outcomes.
• Present data and complex numerical information in a clear and concise manner and clearly communicate statistical concepts to senior and non-technical audiences.
• Encourage the use of new technologies and techniques to solve data problems and publish regular reporting and dashboards based on stakeholder requirements.
• Qualifications in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines.
• Strong practical experience (preferably 5+ years’ experience) across one or more data science areas such as machine learning, natural language processing, graph analytics, behavioural analytics and visualisation.
• Strong data cleaning and analysis skills, and experience in devising testing methods.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a diversity of programming languages such as R (experience in Shiny will be a bonus) and Python. Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality.
• Familiar with the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem, and experienced in Scala, PySpark and HiveSQL.
• Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
• Can work both independently and as part of a team to achieve results.
• Demonstrated capability of communicating clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
This positions closes Wednesday 12th June. Candidates MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this role and have a baseline clearance.
Candidates who do not meet the requirements will not be considered for this particular position.
Contact Fiona for more information 1300 944 936
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's