Network Engineer - L4
|Job Title:||Network Engineer - L4|
|Salary:||hourly rates apply|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 07:38|
The Network Engineer is responsible under general direction to devise strategies, provision the planning, implementation, and sustainment of a Test, QA and production environment for use in a complex software, hardware and network project.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
- A detailed understanding and ability to design and configure complex IP based networks with a heavy focus on Cisco. Qualifications are advantageous, including experience with routing technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPath, etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewall etc.).
- Experience with network security including enterprise proxy and load balancing systems and experience with different systems and architecture
- Experience deploying network systems that form part of virtualisation solution from vendors such as VMWare
- An understanding of Linux based systems and how to integrate them within the network environment.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, 1G/10G networking. Detailed experience in CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Experience in IT systems design including detailed experience in building testable and maintainable systems using continuous integration and deployment technologies.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including time management and oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.
Must hold either a current Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance OR have held a TSPV in the previous 12 month period (which has since been downgraded).
Candidates that do not meet the requirements will not be contacted or considered.
Applications close 30 Aug 2019.
Contact Nicole for further details. 1300 944 936
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's