|Job Title:||VMware Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 10:23|
The specialist will assist the Department with VMware specialist activities focused on vRealize automation and design.
Activities may include: orchestration, governance, maintenance, enhancements & operational support for the following VMware specific tools sets and applications as follows:
5. vROps Cloud Automation
1. Assist with the Departments development of a nominated deployment approach (i.e. Blue Green) for provisioning, operations and monitoring.
2. Assist with the Departments development of service provisioning, workflows and integration for the determined Cloud Foundation Patterns identified in section VRA Cloud Design.
3. Advise the Department on Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment and automated deployment techniques utilising VMware orchestration specific toolset services.
4. Cloud Design
5. The specialist will assist the Department with the design and review of the departemtns cloud orchestration and governance platform and configuration.
6. Assist the Department with general review and documentation of conceptual cloud orchestration and governance models on cloud services, which may include review of constraints and dependencies, potential alternatives and associated evaluation criteria.
7. Assist and advise the Department in the use of VMware technologies.
Skills and Experience Required:
Demonstrated technical experience and skills delivering solutions using thee VMWare Product tool set in Enterprise level Government agency with reference to VRealize.
High level of technical abilities for VMWare specific technologies including vSphere, NSX, vRA, vRB, vRO, vROps
Proven ability to manage high level of workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
Proactively identify opportunities to leverage technology for benefit of business.
Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Display, educate and transfer knowledge to others, guide and mentor less experienced staff and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
Demonstrate extensive technical experience in VMWare orchestration and governance technologies.
Assist Department with cloud architecture activities focused on automation and design.
The supplier must provide operational support to the Departments cloud platform.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Start date of 1 july 2019 with contract till 30 June 2020. 3 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline securtiy clearance is requireed for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 24 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's