Payroll Officer / Junior Accountant
|Job Title:||Payroll Officer / Junior Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2019 16:01|
The Payroll Officer/Junior Accountant’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Company in the management of our finances, NDIS compliance and business operations as we grow our business nationally.
The Payroll Officer/Junior Accountant is responsible for undertaking payroll functions, especially accounts receivable and accounts payable. We are currently using XERO and part of the role will be using XERO to complete accounting and payroll tasks. Additionally, we use an invoicing system, Harvest, which the Payroll Officer/Junior Accountant must familiarise themselves with.
The other aspect of the role is to offer support to the Finance team and back office operations. This will encompass running reports from XERO and following up on late payments, assisting with the payments and invoicing process, maintaining company insurances as well as other ad-hoc tasks.
A very important aspect of the role is to navigate the NDIS Portal to claim our invoices. Training will be provided if need be.
Essential Job Functions
- Accounts receivable and payable through XERO and Harvest
- End of Month Reconciliations
- Taxation e.g. GST
- NDIS MyPlace Claims through the Portal
- Payroll management of a small number of employees
- Liaising and following up unpaid accounts
- Running reports through XERO as required
- Accounting/Finance qualifications or relevant on the job experience.
- Previous finance experience in small/medium business will be beneficial but not mandatory
- Understanding of finance processes and accounting software, specifically XERO
- Strong Excel Spreadsheet ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, and clients.
- The capacity to work independently with general guidance from more senior staff.
- Able to maintain autonomy and discipline in an unsupervised environment.
- Have a commitment to continuous improvement and quality policies and procedures
- Have a commitment to teamwork and co-operative work practices
- Be responsible for maintaining phone, laptop and other office equipment.
- Gain industry certifications or other training as required
- Assist in other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all shared information
Part Time Role
Must live locally to Gold Coast or Tweed Heads
For expressions of interest, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.