Linux Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||Linux Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 17:48|
The Linux Systems Administrator will assist with the day to day infrastructure tasks and project related activities including but not limited to:
• Provide daily monitoring and maintenance of servers, systems and services for optimal system performance and functionality;
• Provide administration, monitoring, optimisation, documentation and problem resolution related to Linus, AIX, Solaris and Debian server operating systems;
• Undertake regular maintenance to ensure business continuity and system recovery plans for Linux platforms;
• Test and apply new software patching and configuration changes of servers and systems accordingly;
• Develop procedure for on-going maintenance in the Department;
• Work effectively in a small team environment;
• Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members;
• Record and maintain files/information in accordance with Department requirements; and
• Out of hours work on occasion
Skills and Experience Required:
• Formal qualifications in information and communication technology from a recognised tertiary institution or extensive demonstrated equivalent skills and experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with Linux and *nix operating systems
• Demonstrated knowledge or Windows operating systems and virtualisation technologies
• Understanding of ISM and associated legislative requirements
• RHEL certification
• Linux, AIX, Solaris and Debian server operating systems.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 1 x 12 month contract extension pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A NV1 security clearance or the ability to obtain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 July.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's