|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 17:36|
The successful candidate will have experience in eliciting information across a diverse group of both technical and non-technical stakeholders, have an ability to grasp new concepts quickly, be able to distil complex information and document requirements, both functional and non-functional to support procurement and upgrade activities.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience defining requirements and processes on projects and providing BA support through the project lifecycle. Previous experience working with vendors, resolving issues, clarifying requirements and managing ambiguity is a must.
The successful candidate will join the Business Analysis team, and work aligned to one of the Delivery Streams (current demand is in Observation Network and Data & Integration streams) or supporting the Business Analysis capability with business case/investment case and cross stream activities.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ year's experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experienced business analysis, including elicitation for functional and non-functional requirements, requirements management and traceability.
- Experience supporting all phases of the delivery lifecycle from Initiation, Procurement and Tender stages through to Testing, Deployment and Transition to operations.
- Knowledge and experience of applying security and resilience principles and frameworks.
- Experience documenting business processes.
- Experiencing working with a diverse stakeholder group including exec level stakeholders, ICT operations and technical teams, as well as customer facing and business operations teams.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to flex style and approach.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven.
- Experience managing requirements via Microfocus ALM/Quality Centre tools.
Experience as a Business Analyst with:
- Projects implementing operational technology field equipment, completed civil works, or upgraded physical security at a site. Working with engineers and technical teams.
- Data Platform replacements, including introducing Master, Reference and Meta Data, Data Quality Management, redesign of data stores and services (including Geospatial, Gridded or Timeseries).
- Integration Platform replacement, including API management, Secure Managed FTP, enterprise services buses, extract transform and load capabilities.
- Requirements to support government business case/investment cases.
- Experience managing BA quality processes and uplifting frameworks.
- Knowledge of BABOK and BPMN.
- Knowledge of or experience on projects implementing security controls from ISM, PSPF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO.
The role is based Melbourne with a 11 Month Contract with 2 x 6 Months extension options
Australian citizenship is required, Baseline Security Clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain
How to Apply:
Applications close 10 July 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst level 4 (TSPV)
Business Analyst – Logistics Management/ Endpoint level 4 (TSPV)
Business Analyst - Atlassian administrator level 5 (TSPV)
Business Intelligence Analysts (NV1)