|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Zielinski|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 09:54|
- Responsible for leading the design of network communication solutions across Defence and commercial networking environments.
- Produce network specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Specify hardware and software selection, and implement efficient solutions to meet the business needs, current and future.
- Contribute to managing implementation of a test network.
- Conduct testing of network designs.
- Evaluate and report on testing outcomes.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware.
- In consultation with stakeholders, lead the engineering design of network communications systems including terrestrial and satellite solutions.
- Manage the approval of new technologies through design, development, test, and implementation.
- Design and manage contractor work packages.
- Undertake hardware and software product analysis, selection, installation, test and upgrades.
- Identify and evaluate alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Develop architecture to address the concerns of the different stakeholders when necessary.
- Produce detailed design specifications to support systems development.
- Review, verify and improve designs against specifications.
- Represent the project at national and international fora.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Develop sub-programs, standards, guidelines, and methods for systems design.
- Work with lead architects to evolve capability requirements into system specifications.
- Analyse network design requirements and develop system interface designs that align to Defence patterns.
- Develop test and evaluation plans to provide traceability of the design.
- Participate in working groups to develop interface control agreements with supporting service providers.
Canberra location for 6-12 months + extension.
Must be Australian Citizen to apply and have an NV2 clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 16th July 2019..
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Fiona 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's