|Job Title:||Procurement Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2019 19:38|
About the Role:
Seeking a Procurement Specialist to assist with procurement activities within the Security Division.
- Providing high level advice, support and review in relation to procurement activities ranging from simple to complex.
- Assist the branch with preparation, negotiation and the ongoing management of simple and complex contracts.
- Provide advice on compliance with relevant Australian Government legislation, rules and policies.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement approval documentation including; Approvals to approach the Market, Evaluation Outcomes, Approvals to commit funds and enter into Arrangements.
- Preparation and ongoing management of Government contracts
- Preparation and ongoing management of MOU's
- Provide training and understanding on the current procurement legislation, including internal and external policy
Trial Appointment: 1 month
- Engagement in the department is dependent on holding/gaining a valid security clearance, which needs to be confirmed by the Security Clearance Section.
- Loss of a security clearance at any time will lead to termination of engagement.
- This is a security designated position and you will be required to have or be able to obtain (prior to commencement) a security clearance to Current Negative Vetting Level 2
- Note that security clearances issued more than 5 years ago will not be recognised by the department, regardless of level.
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Minimum five years' experience working within Government Procurement
- Experience providing strategic oversight to large-scale public-sector procurement activities
- Undertake strategic analysis of security suppliers, markets, products and service categories to inform and develop security strategy and sourcing plans
- Provide high level specialist advice to senior executives on 'best fit' security procurement approaches
- Develop and manage security procurement assessment models and evaluation plans including the requirement to report results in the form of high-quality presentations and reports
- Formulate detailed tender evaluation reports for consideration and approval
- Develop and maintain security contract management plans including oversight of contracts transition/implementation activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team environment
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Formal Qualifications in Procurement and Contracting
The role is based Canberra with a 11 Month Contract with a Possible 2 x 12 Month Extensions
Must be Australian Citizen. NV2 Security Clearance is Required or ability to obtain ( Prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Applications close 17 July 2019
Please upload your resume to apply and supply an hourly rate We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information