Web Application Developer
|Job Title:||Web Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2019 10:40|
- Develop robust, efficient and reliable software that others can consume and extend to create scientifically valid digital products that are fit for use by Australian government, industry and public
- Provide highly technical advice to developers and scientists
- Design, implement and negotiate infrastructure and software solutions that traverse the cloud environments
- Create a robust, efficient and scalable digital platforms for Australian Government and industry partners to consume
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have a passion for science, technology and continuous improvement.
- Promote positive cultural change in the organisation through principles of DevOps.
- Agile, and Lean
- Have an unerring focus on value, delivery, and users
- Proactively identify risks and issues around feasibility, security, and architecture
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders from other divisions
- Relational and/or non-relational databases
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Source Control Systems
- Java 8+
- Amazon Web Services
- Geoserver; Web Services; Spatial Web Mapping
- GUI and UX design and development
- Modern software development practices
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Approx start date of 5 August 2019 with contract till 30 June 2020.
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information