|Job Title:||Executive Assistant|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 12:01|
The Department has a requirement for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to senior management including the undertaking of secretariat functions for the senior executive.
- provide moderately complex administrative support to senior management including the provision of secretariat support as required.
- interpret and draft documents such as speeches, briefings and other relevant documentation.
- undertake moderately complex research services for the purposes of preparing correspondence in support of departmental and divisional priorities or as required by senior management.
- liaise and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of developments relevant to senior management.
- identify and prioritise moderately complex managerial and administrative issues based on their alignment to government objectives and their impact on relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- organise and coordinate appointments, correspondence and communications in a timely fashion and in light of competing priorities.
- process relevant financial transactions and reporting including travel, hospitality and small-value contracts within established financial or other delegations.
- effectively manage the production, dissemination and storage of information (as required) to facilitate improved communication between the department and its stakeholders (both internal and external).
- build, maintain and facilitate engagements with a wide network of stakeholders (both internal and external). Stakeholders may include internal departmental contacts (including at relevant posts) and representatives from other Australian government agencies, partner institutions, civil societies and vendors.
Skills and Experience Required:
- work collaboratively across the department to achieve as a team
- negotiate, advocate, represent and influence with excellence
- problem solve using judgement while managing risk
- display personal resilience
- maintain highest levels of integrity
- manage and mentor people
- value and promote diversity
- self-management to achieve timelines
- effective use of business applications, tools and new technology to streamline internal processes and service delivery to the Australian public
- demonstrated understanding of the departmental and divisional priorities including governance arrangements, organisational restructures and relevant policies and procedures demonstrated experience with using software applications including Microsoft Office suite, PeopleSoft, sap, trim and other departmental applications.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Approx start date of August 2019 with contract till May 2020. 2 x 3 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. An NV1 security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information