|Job Title:||GIS Technologist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 16:44|
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Managing all stages of the AMIS Project and having responsibility for all management and business products. Directing the activities of the AMIS Project to ensure production of those products are complete to an appropriate quality and within schedule acceptable to the AMIS Project Governance;
- Deploying and administering the Esri’s Enterprise GIS environment, including deployments of ArcGIS server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcSDE, GeoEvent Server and ArcGIS Monitor;
- Monitoring performance, and suggesting infrastructure changes, enhancements, and upgrades as necessary.
- Evaluating capacity requirements for new or expanding deployments;
- Supporting cross-function IT projects that rely heavily on GIS technology or data;
- Maintaining knowledge of new Esri GIS technologies and recommend as innovative solutions when possible;
- Leveraging Enterprise GIS system and related IT systems to design work;
- Developing procedures and protocols for the management of geospatial data sets and services;
- Developing and implementing data acquisition, validation and verification techniques;
- Contributing to the construction of spatial metadata standards and detailed architecture models;
- Providing support for Enterprise GIS applications and products;
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams to design, develop, validate, test and deploy GIS components;
- Coordinating and communicating with team members throughout the software development cycle-system analysis, design, coding and testing
- Liaising with other IT Stakeholders to facilitate quick resolution for user/project requests (e.g. Application Support, Packaging/Layering, Web Systems, Database teams);
- Interacting with product vendors on support issues, evaluations, license management, etc.;
- Participating in incident, problem and change management processes.
Specified Personnel will be expected to:
- Produce and provide input into a range of documentation that will be specific to business related outcomes; and
- Maintain accurate documentation in relation to business and technical requirements.
- Project Plans;
- Risk Management Plan;
- Acceptance Test Plans.
Skills and Experience Required:
- ArcGIS Enterprise and their application in a Geospatial Information System;
- The development of Web-based geospatial applications and systems using ESRI ArcGIS;
- Producing geospatial reports/product including KML and the publishing of product into a reporting system, such a Microsoft SharePoint or SQL Reporting Services;
- Relevant knowledge and proven experience with CesiumJS and GeoServer;
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with building, deploying and managing map caches for ArcGIS Server and GeoServer;
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties in a Microsoft Windows server and desktop environment;
- Good written and verbal communications skills to support technical feedback and advice, management reporting and vendor communications
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Approx start date of August 2019 with contract till 30 June 2020. 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information