Positive Behaviour Support Worker
|Job Title:||Positive Behaviour Support Worker|
|Salary:||$25 - $30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Angus|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 14:06|
At CPBS, we believe in providing our clients with the best possible support to assist them in living a rich and meaningful life. The philosophy of our company is to use non-aversive strategies, community and functional programmes to increase skills and quality of life of the client. The overall goal is for providing services for a time-limited period, and the eventual fading of services (this may be over weeks, months or years).
We utilise a person-centred support approach, giving the client and their families the holistic support that they need. We specialise in complex behavioural support needs via our multielement model, which is inclusive of non-linear behavioural assessment, a multielement Positive Behaviour Support Plan, implementation, training, evaluation and troubleshooting.
About the Opportunity
Many of our clients need support in the home and community to meet their daily needs and to increase their quality of life. As such, we are looking to employ Positive Behaviour Support Workers to assist us in providing the services our clients need.
This role will include assisting our clients, both young and old, in managing their daily needs such as accessing the community, transport, assisting with generalisation of our programs, and implementing systematic de-sensitisation programs (i.e. increasing the person’s tolerance to engaging in non-preferred activities like visiting the dentist or doctor).
Shift times will range across Monday – Friday with occasional weekend support when required. The time could fall between 7AM – 7PM. Please note that the individual shifts may range from 1 hour – 3 hours depending on the needs of the client. We will endeavour to provide you with several clients to ensure that you have suitable hours to begin with. We pride ourselves with being flexible and accommodating so welcome university students or applicants with varying availabilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with daily routine adherence e.g. morning routine
- Traveling to multiple locations throughout the ACT to attend client services
- Assisting with implementation of some programmatic elements such as assisted community access, work-experience, de-sensitisation programs e.g. doctors or dentists.
- Participating in regular training both in-person and online – this includes internal training as well as completing a Registered Behaviour Technician Course online.
- Participating in ongoing supervision with a Senior Behaviour Therapist or Behaviour Support Practitioner
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and assess to your own Comprehensively Insured Vehicle
- Certificate or Qualifications in Disability Services, Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education or Similar field (desired)
- Previous experience with disabilities and/or mental health clients is desirable
- Comfortable working independently with clients
CPBS prides itself in being flexible, family-friendly and a supportive environment. We are an inclusive employer and welcome all individuals to apply.
- Paid travel time between clients
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to progress to full-time work
- Career progression opportunities are available
Employment with CPBS is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check, Reference Check and Emotional Intelligence Test (EQ-2).