Manager - ICT Project Management Office
|Job Title:||Manager - ICT Project Management Office|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2019 20:54|
As Manager of the ICT Project Management Office (PMO) you will establish and oversee the PMO processes, templates and methodologies to ensure effective ICT project planning and execution.
You will have demonstrated superior project planning, management and reporting, including risk management and experience on high profile and complex ICT projects. The identification and comprehensive planning and management of key stakeholders is critical to the role as is experience in reporting to executive project boards. You will be required to demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality support material and presentations to give assurance that the ICT program and individual projects are delivering to milestones and outcomes.
As a member of the management team of the ICT branch, you will contribute to the broader leadership of the branch.
What will the specialist do?
You will deliver high quality outcomes against the following key priorities:
- develop and maintain an effective “fit for purpose” ICT PMO including the supporting processes and methodologies
- project management planning and execution for ICT enabled projects
- provide project management guidance and leadership to ICT staff and more broadly across the department
- plan and budget for the ICT project portfolio, contribute to the ICT investment planning process and the development of business cases
- assist with ICT financial management
- assist in major ICT procurement and commercial arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to define standards for and apply effective project and programme management practices and methodologies, including waterfall and agile approaches where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with a mixed project team of internal and external stakeholders, business and technical staff.
- Broad experience delivering business focused and technical projects
- Experience in managing procurements of consultancies and equipment, including managing tender assessments and participating in contract negotiations.
- Ability to guide and promote effective communication, advice and education of compliance matters with relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in the development and promotion of appropriate ICT plans and change management methodologies to ensure compliance with whole of Australian Government requirements.
- Ability to approach planning strategically, and to contribute to the creation of Digital and ICT strategic plans.
- Ability to undertake objective critical analysis, extract the core issues and seek to minimise risk.
- Ability to understand strategic business initiatives and manage the delivery of ICT and digital solutions that realise the envisioned benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate project and other costs in support of the development of strategic plans
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation of ongoing project performance and identification of critical success factors.
- Demonstrated ability to create document standards and templates that promote efficient and effective project planning, delivery and reporting.
- Ability to build teams with complementary skills and allocate resources to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to respond in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty.
- Proven ability to lead others through change and provide them with support and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience within candidates CV, as outlined in 'what will the specialist do?'
The role is based Canberra with a 12 Month Contract with contract extension options.
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen, A Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 August 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's