Senior Application Architect
|Job Title:||Senior Application Architect|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2019 08:14|
Seeking a experienced Application Architect to play a leading role in the review assessments, defining solutions architectures across the application suite, establishing approaches to remediation, and support the planning for the remediation work effort.
- Define remediation solution architectures; context, overview, components, relation back to requirements, with solution architecture views as required, for example, security, integration, infrastructure.
- Assist with defining application remediation targets and non-functional requirements.
- Own remediation solution templates.
- Assist with defining security and resilience risk from an application perspective.
- Assist with defining approaches, patterns, and projects to deliver the solution architectures using a component-based architecture approach.
- Assist with estimating projects.
- Liaise with other workstreams and BAU staff to agree solution architectures and work split.
- Help define overall risk assessments based on the application portfolio as a whole.
- Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau's Social Justice Strategy.
- Application Solution Architecture – ability to define end to end solutions for applications that require security and/or resilience remediation.
- Non-functional requirements definition – ability to define, especially security, resilience.
- Estimating – able to define estimating frameworks, then execute estimates for technical components of solutions.
- Technical project definition – able to assist project managers to define project components, design and strategy.
- Ability to understand end goals and work backwards to define and carry out technical tasks to achieve the goals.
- Technical consulting background.
- Well versed in application security and secure coding practices
- Business case development.
- Deep experience in bespoke application architectures
- Experienced with both on-premise and Cloud based application architecture
- The technical scope of this role is extremely broad; everything from Linux, Oracle database, Python, Java, Ruby, builds to packages such as desktop applications or server platforms like databases. Deep expertise in any specific technology is not required, but a technically broad awareness at an application level is.
- Government experience.
The role is based Canberra with a 27 Month Contract.
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen, A Baseline Security Clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 August 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information