Senior Procurement Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Procurement Officer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 11:15|
The Department has the requirement for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Procurement Officer to assist in the delivery and administration of IT Procurement activities within the Department’s Information Technology Branch.
Reporting directly to the Director IT Supplier Management, the Senior Procurement Officer will work closely with key business area and IT Supplier Management Section proponents to contribute to all facets of the end-to-end procurement and contract management lifecycle, including:
- simple and complex procurement advisory;
- drafting and facilitation of internal procurement approvals and delegate negotiation;
- preparation and release management of approach to market materials;
- drafting and finalisation of contracts;
- management of a customer-facing inbox; and
- comprehensive records management.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of key Commonwealth legislative and best practice artefacts, including the Commonwealth Procurement Rules; Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act; Digital Sourcing Framework for ICT Procurement; Australian Government Contract Management Guide; and Whole of Australian Government Coordinated Procurements.
Formal qualifications in Procurement and Contract Management are considered desireable, however hands-on experience with Commonwealth ICT procurement with an Australian Public Sector capacity is essential. Similarly, experience in utilising the Digital Transformation Agency Digital Marketplace, Software Marketplace, Hardware Marketplace, Cloud Services Panel, Data Centre Facilities Supplies Panel, Mobile Services Panel, and Telecommunication Services Panel is also considered highly desireable.
The successful candidate with exhibit the qualities and attributes of an individual who is intelligent, strategic, analytical, and a creative problem solver.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise of the Specified Personnel in the delivery of Procurement and Contract Management administration and advisory services within an Australian Public Service capacity
- Knowledge and qualifications of the Specified Personnel in Commonwealth Procurement and Contract Management
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearnce, or the ability to obtain is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 20 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's