Splunk Engineer (Security)
|Job Title:||Splunk Engineer (Security)|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2019 14:43|
The Department is seeking a Splunk Engineer (Security) to join their team. the successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Security Operations Centre and system developers to create Use Cases within a Splunk SIEM for security incident response.
- Demonstrated 3+ years of experience configuring and developing Splunk SIEM content in a complex ICT environment. This should include experience with core on-premises Splunk components, Splunk and Splunk ES, data acquisition, mapping data to the Splunk Common Information Model and developing and implementing technical use-cases, alerts, dashboards and reports.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of cyber security experience, including significant experience working in a Security Operations Centre.
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple vendor technologies, including Windows, Linux and security appliances.
- Demonstrated experience in Australian Government information security risk management.
- Demonstrated experience developing SOC documentation, including analyst play-books and security use-cases.
- Certifications in related field are a plus (including any of the following but not limited to): CISSP, CCSP, CCIE, CHFI, CEH, SANS GICSP Certifications,
- Demonstrate problem solving, communications, critical thinking and logical structuring skills.
The role is based in Canberra with a 10 Month Contract with possible extensions.
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV1 Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 25 August 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information