494 - Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||494 - Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Breban|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 09:45|
The Engineering Manager requires a solid understanding of Defence projects and the Capability Life Cycle (CLC) (Ref A.), has good stakeholder management skills and can adapt to an often dynamic and fast paced environment. The position requires a detailed understanding of Software, Information Systems and Network Engineering and the ability to develop knowledge and skills to implement systems that leverage Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in an ISREW context. The occupant is expected to be able to operate with a reasonable amount of independence, to progress work with a sense of managed urgency and meet expected quality levels. The occupant is expected to be able to re-prioritise and multitask, whilst also managing their own time to achieve deadlines. The Engineering Manager must possess the attitude, aptitude and capacity to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment. Versatility, adaptability and responsiveness are key qualities sought for this position, as is the ability to carefully influence in a complex project environment where CASG is the Lead Delivery Agency working with the Project Sponsor and several Partner Delivery Agencies.
Skills and Qualification:
- The Engineering Manager is accountable under broad direction to perform and achieve complex to very complex engineering and project work within an integrated workforce.
- They will require an indepth knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence's mission and policy requirements.
- The Engineering Manager will exercise a considerable degree of independence and perform a leadership role. They will exercise sound decision-making and judgement to provide expert policy advice.
- They will have in-depth knowledge of the engineering and project function and are responsible for the development, implementation, compliance and review of policies and procedures relevant to their work within that function.
- The Engineering Manager is accountable to plan, lead and manage a range of human and physical resources and exercise the associated people and financial responsibilities to achieve business outcomes.
- They will manage one or more teams. They will develop and implement work plans adopting appropriate methodologies for delivery (including iterative and agile approaches). These plans will set performance indicators, and support the review of and reporting on individual, team and business performance. A focus on proactive problem solving, continuous improvement and identifying opportunities for building team capability are important in this position. The Engineering Manager will engage in risk and issues identification, analysis and management in complex to very complex project environment. They will set work that aligns with the strategic objectives and communicates expected outcomes.
- The Engineering Manager will be responsible for actively managing key stakeholder relationships and will be required to identify relevant stakeholders' expectations and concerns to develop and communicate methodologies and practices to achieve outcomes.
- They will be accountable to contribute towards ongoing self-improvement and professional development of their work area. This position has people management responsibility and the occupant will be required to exercise people management skills and knowledge to lead a high performing and cohesive team.
For additional information please contact Aaron Breban on 0439 394 902