497 - Assistant Project Manager
|Job Title:||497 - Assistant Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Breban|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 09:57|
The Project Management function the Assistant Project Manager is accountable under broad direction to perform and achieve complex project management work within an integrated workforce. They are accountable to ensure they have knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence's mission and policy requirements.
Skills and Qualification:
- The Assistant Project Manager will work independently with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability for the achievement of outcomes of their work.
- They will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures.
- They will provide detailed project management technical, professional and policy advice in relation to complex work and contribute to strategic planning, program and project management and policy development.
- The Assistant Project Manager may be a team coach or lead a team and be accountable to set work priorities and manage workflows. They are expected to be capable of building team capability through coaching, feedback and developing the quality of work undertaken by others within a work unit.
- They will exercise the associated people and financial responsibilities to achieve work unit outcomes. The Assistant Project Manager will have considerable level of stakeholder engagement and will liaise with stakeholders in relation to complex or difficult issues. They will be required to identify, anticipate and respond to stakeholders' needs and expectations to achieve work unit and Defence outcomes.
For additional information please contact Aaron Breban on 0439 394 902