ICT System Administrator (Storage and Backup)
|Job Title:||ICT System Administrator (Storage and Backup)|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 18:53|
Provision of ICT Systems Administration (Storage and Backup) to enable the efficient sustainment of current infrastructure and design of future backup and storage solutions within a complex environment spanning multiple geographically separated data centres and remote offices.
Skills and Knowledge required:
1. Broad experience in the successful sustainment of Enterprise Storage technologies including Block and NAS implementations
2. Extensive experience with Veritas NetBackup; or equivalent technologies
3. Demonstrated experience in provision of backup services in support of database systems such as Oracle Exadata or Microsoft SQL
4. Demonstrated experience with SAN networking technologies
5. Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Storage Technologies from Hitachi, HPE, Dell or Netapp
1. Provide support in the design and implementation of the future backup strategy and refresh across multiple environments for highly classified networks.
2. Develop and assist with backup and recovery solutions System Security Plan (SSP).
3. Develop and document the File Storage System Security Plan (SSP)
4. Develop and document Block Storage System Security Plan (SSP)
5. Provide assistance with the management of the existing Storage Area Networks (SAN) in conjunction with future backup storage requirements
6. Provide support to resolve Service Request and Incident tickets in the Storage and Backup Services queue
7. Work as part of a team to manage incidents, problems, continuous services improvement and workflows to meet deadlines.
8. Contribute technical knowledge and industry best practice to a customer focused, security enabled global ICT platform.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra, 12 month contract. Start date negotiable.
Security Requirements: Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until September or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's