Senior Software Developer - Back End
|Job Title:||Senior Software Developer - Back End|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2019 12:38|
The Department has launched the Cyber.gov.au website to help achieve its mission to make Australia the safest place to connect online. We are looking to recruit talented individuals to enhance and support this capability. The Senior Software Developer will work within an agile multi-disciplinary Capability Delivery team of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Testers to build a data layer and APIs for data access and business logic for a public web facing system.
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex Python systems using tools
- Experience using external APIs (and their security models)
- Experience in producing detailed design documentation
- Delivery responsibility for the full life cycle of a major development effort, familiar with working with UXDs, BAs, architects, testers, deployers to achieve the result
- Experience using Swagger/OpenAPI 3.0 to document APIs
- Experience in document DBs including DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, GraphDBs
- Experience in ‘modern’ authentication, authorisation, audit as would be used for public web sites (OIDC, SAML)
- Experience using AWS including Lambda, IAM, API gateway
- Experience in designing and implementing a transactional website
- Knowledge of AWS and serverless
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs (and their security models)
- Experience developing in Linux/UNIX
The role is based in Canberra with a 6 Month Contract with possible 1 x 6 Months extensions.
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 August 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information