|Job Title:||Support Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 14:09|
The person is expected to be highly skilled in solving complex (and often previously unknown) critical customer issues.
Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and a proven capability to build effective relationships with customer technical resources and management.
They are expected to work with a high level of autonomy while reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis.
This role is to provide Database Platform management support to customers covering the following areas:
• Provide incident resolution, problem identification and resolution activities
• Provide guidance on proactive problem avoidance activities
• Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration advice for Database Platform deployment and management
• Knowledge transfer on effective engagement with Oracle Support processes and procedures.
• Mentor and provide knowledge transfer to customer staff
• Software lifecycle guidance (i.e. patch, upgrade, and migration planning and execution)
The key products and skills covered by the role are:
• Oracle Database products covering
o Backup and recovery
o Performance tuning
o Disaster recovery
• Architecture skills with
o High Availability
o Maximum Availability
o Engineered Systems (advantageous)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Understanding of ITIL processes
Location and Contract Term: Canberra, 12 month contract. Start date negotiable.
Security Requirements: Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance required.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until September or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's