IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 27, 2019 16:24|
The successful candidate will be required to work in a broader group of IT Professionals in unison with Service Providers. The primary role attributes include but are not limited to the ability to working primarily on the Departments Program but may extend to other Programs as required over the course of the contract:
• Plan, organise, and co-ordinate the projects that fall under the Program. Ensure a high-level of accuracy, consistency and integration across business in terms of advice provided or functions managed.
• Be accountable for planning, organising and managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, managing complex projects and workflows, developing strategies and evaluating project and business outcomes.
• Provide authoritative and expert advice and deliver results with a significant degree of independence within a framework of Department policies, priorities, objectives and strategy.
• Be accountable to share own project management expertise with others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
• Develop and/or modify strategies and policies that extend to complex issues, which may not have established precedents or guidelines, and devise solutions that ensure achievement of Department outcomes and objectives.
• Plan, coordinate and undertake high-level research and analysis with regard to IT technical and non-technical matters for the purpose of maintaining and increasing compliance levels and improving internal productivity.
• Represent the Department at external forums and liaise on behalf of the Department on significant, complex or technical issues with external practitioners, industry representatives and government agencies.
• Build effective teams and provide the key link between senior executives and general employees, provide performance feedback and address under performance Initiate, manage, plan and/or direct major high profile, complex or research IT projects. Set the overall direction, and frequently solve new and complex problems, particularly with reference to stakeholder negotiations and issue resolution.
• Instil an over-arching end-to-end project management process of key technical aspects and consider business and stakeholder requirements while maintaining the alignment for the various projects including scheduling and delivery focus. In so doing adhere to governance and assurance methods that will underpin the program to ensure resilience and deliver value for money,
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Approx start date of September 2019 with contract till September 2020. 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's