Senior Network Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 11:00|
Under broad direction, undertake duties in accordance with the agreed standards for work in the public service. The duties may include, but are not limited to, some or all of the following:
- Assist in the management of the computer network, including undertaking the following tasks: o Install and configure network hardware and software for the Local Area Network (LAN); o Diagnose and resolve medium level network problems; o Analyse, report and investigate network utilisation, performance issues and any anomalies that are presented by the reporting tools; and o Liaise with external organisations in establishing Wide Area Network (WAN) services that connect to the departments LAN or that are required as part of a function within the department.
- Communicate and liaise with clients about reported problems and/or to inform them of their progress;
- As a team member, complete more complex tasks involved in the provision and support of the information technology services to their staff and staff of departments. Duties may involve participant in all phases of work including o Project support; o System testing; o Ensure system and information security.
- Independently or as part of a team, review technical standards and system documentation for accuracy, currency and the need for improvement.
- Participate in the on-call roster for after-hours network support.
- Five plus years in a network support role with experience in supporting Enterprise Network environments.
- Preferred but not essential - CISCO Network Certifications CCNA or similar.
- Preferred but not essential – ACI/ISE experience
- Troubleshooting experience, the ability to perform root cause analysis on network/computer issues on clients, servers and network equipment;
The role is based in Canberra or Northern Territory, Immediate start 3 months initial contract plus a potential 3 months extension
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV1 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information