IT Technical Specialist - Application Packager
|Job Title:||IT Technical Specialist - Application Packager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 17:00|
Seeking an IT Technical Specialist - Application Packager
Working in a dynamic project environment as part of End User Workspace Program (EUWP) to provide contemporary workspace to staff, you will be responsible for packaging of desktop applications (including commercial off the shelf products, bespoke applications and other add-ons) for a Windows 10 desktop environment automating delivery using SCCM tools, along with:
• Development of custom settings during installation, user interfaces, etc,
• Troubleshooting of basic Windows issues.
Partnering with our application teams, you will seek to understand their unique operating and migration requirements and then use your knowledge and experience to assist in the migration process to the Windows 10 platform.
Package Windows-based applications for a large, complex environment, in accordance with existing packaging standards and procedures.
• Identify, develop and maintain relevant documentation including processes and procedures
• Producing functional high-level best practice standard and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise level.
• Completing packages in a timely manner and responsible for COTS and in house type applications using Admin Studio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on 10 or other Window Server before the hand off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, or Microsoft ACT package shimming.
• Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer and Firefox in a Windows environment.
• Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
• Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
• Continually transition knowledge to the BAU team through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
Skills and Experience Required:
Demonstrate technical understanding and comprehensive experience in the use of software application packaging tools.
• Demonstrated experience in the following technologies / tools in a large, complex environment;
o Windows Installer (MSI) editing tools
o Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
o Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
o Windows 10
o PowerShell scripting
• Working knowledge of the following technologies / tools;
o Active Directory – Group Policy
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Windows Registry Keys & Windows Troubleshooting
• Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract 16 September 2019 through to 13 September 2020. 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's