Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
|Job Title:||Senior SQL Server Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2019 11:02|
This position is for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As such, you will be working as a member of a dynamic team responsible for the administration of the department’s on premises and public cloud SQL databases. You will be expected to assist the team to:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Perform problem analysis and rectification in response to system outages and issues.
- Lead motivate and mentor junior staff.
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server. - 25%
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical staff. - 25%
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages. - 25%
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions. - 25%
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings is desirable but not essential. - 100%
The role is based in Canberra, Immediate start 9 months initial contract plus a potential 9 months extension
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV1 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's