Workforce Planning Officer
|Job Title:||Workforce Planning Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2019 13:17|
- Lead the development of the following documents, with direction from the Workforce Planning team; a strategic workforce plan, an implementation plan to transition the workforce from current to future state.
- Work with a vendor to deliver a baseline analysis of the operational workforce; establish position descriptions and competency/skills matrices that align to the APS Job Family Model and the future operations approach.
- Track and oversee the delivery of workforce planning activities, including ensuring co-ordination and integration of activities with other projects across the program.
- Develop documentation related to workforce analysis and planning.
- Assist with the development of communication materials applicable to the project.
- Provide advice on the change components of workforce planning, analysis and design.
- Proactively identify, escalate (where appropriate) and manage risks and issues.
- Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau's Social Justice Strategy.
- Has a successful track record of achieving results in a similar role undertaking workforce planning
- Experience in applying ‘better practice’, practical and results approaches to all aspects of workforce planning.
- Experience developing workforce planning documents
- Experience creating roles, assigning capabilities and ensuring alignment with work level standards
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients to influence and achieve results.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders including high calibre written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, use sound judgement and act with integrity.
- Is organised, driven and priority oriented and can work in an agile way in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of workforce segmentation, the Australia Public Service Job Family Model would be an advantage
- An understanding of Australian Government human resources legislation, processes and employment frameworks
- Experience in either of the following fields is desirable:
- working on change initiatives that have a primary and direct human resource or workforce planning and design impact.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Melbourne, Initial 3 Months Contract with an extension option of 2 x 6 months
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information