|Job Title:||Communication Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2019 15:58|
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing communication plans, communication materials and support stakeholder engagement processes and activities. The role is also responsible for coaching and managing staff to build capability. This position will suit an applicant with demonstrated drive and initiative and excellent communication and consultation skills. Experience in analysing, developing, and executing communication strategies and plans and/or a degree in a relevant field such as communication, marketing, public relations, change management or public policy will be highly regarded.
- Track and oversee the delivery of communication activities, ensuring co-ordination and integration of activities across the program.
- Develop and implement strategic communication approaches to enable the transformation agenda to deliver against agreed timeframes.
- Lead and support the development of key messages for the program.
- Develop appropriate communication plans to support relevant stakeholder groups through the change and transition, aligned to project schedules and milestones.
- Develop communication artefacts for internal and external audiences across a variety of media (focusing on digital/web, presentations/briefings, visual communication) that support the outcomes identified in communication and change plans.
- Identify and track emerging communication issues and risks as wells as recommend solutions.
- Produce timely and informative updates and reports for key stakeholders, including the Departments Executive covering outputs and outcomes.
- Work with others to identify, implement and manage communication channels, where required.
- Manage, coach and mentor staff.
- Proactively support stakeholder engagement processes and activities.
- Identify metrics, implement measurement tools and report on the effectiveness of communication.
- Work with the broader Department to further develop communication capability.
- Contribute to change management activities and assist with the identification of business impacts to support the Departments business areas through the change.
- Proactively identify, escalate (where appropriate) and manage communication risks and issues with the potential to impact on the delivery of the program.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Has a successful track record of achieving results in a similar role in a complex environment.
- Experience in applying ‘better practice’, practical and results approaches to all aspects of communication.
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients to influence and achieve results.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders including high calibre written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, use sound judgement and act with integrity.
- Inspires a sense of purpose and direction, with a demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Is organised, driven and priority oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. Immediate start with contract till 30 June 2020. 2 extension options 1 x 12 months/1 x 6 months pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. The ability to otain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 6 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's