|Job Title:||Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2019 10:32|
The System Administrator is responsible for complex activities and tasks relating to design, development, integration, configuration, hardening, and documentation of Cyber Security Systems. The System Administrator will conduct these activities whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders to the department.
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in the following preferred technologies:
Splunk or Elasticsearch;
Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting systems administration including operating system installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management, and documentation of Cyber Security Capability systems.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage; including identifying and analysing system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Ability to identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
- General network knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and continuous integration technologies
- Knowledge of or experience in scripting languages such as Bash and/or Python.
- Knowledge of or experience in serverless architecture.
The role is based in Canberra, 6 Months Contract with 1 x 6 Months extensions.
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 15 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Linux Systems Administrator for TF-IS-Platforms Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) level 3 (TSPV)
VMWare Cloud Foundation Administrator (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator level 3 (TSPV)