|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 16:29|
The Application Stream Software Engineer (SE) will work on one or more Application Remediation projects and be the primary resource within the team to perform the detailed design, build/refactoring and deployment of remediated code. The SE will work closely with the project managers and test manager, release team and co-ordinate work with other Department technical staff.
Typical Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the estimating and planning of development work
- Authoring detailed designs or technical documentation
- Build planning and documentation
- Application coding/ Reconfiguration
- Application migration, deployment and Release Notes
- Test execution support
- Triaging and Resolving test defects
- Supporting handover to operations and go-live deployment
- Providing input into Change Authorities (CAB)
- Contribute to project initiation phases with technical inputs where required by the project manager
- Lead the execute phase activities on one or more projects (detailed design, build, unit test, deployment)
- Provide project (SDLC) delivery guidance to Bureau technical resources where required
- Support the testing team in test planning, execution and defects fixes
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years development experience working on Linux based applications. Specifically
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of using GIT/SVN
- Sound knowledge of common open source infrastructure and development platforms
- Advanced skills in authoring technical project documentation (Design Documents, Build Documents, Release Notes, Deployment Guides)
Location and Contract Term: This is a Melbourne based role. Approx start date of early October with contract till 30 June 2020. 2 x 6 month contract extension pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 17 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information