Cloud Solution Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud Solution Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2019 12:17|
The Department has a requirement for a Cloud Solution Design Engineer to provide design, development and implementation services in support of the Departments adoption of Software, Platform and Infrastructure ‘as a service’ offerings.
Working to the Director IRS, the cloud solution design engineer will be responsible for:
- Enhancement and development of the Departments hybrid cloud and on-premises platforms
- Technical assurance services for project and operational engineering teams
- Development of design and operational documentation
- Attend daily scrums and manage work items assigned using Microsoft DevOps and the Agile methodology
- Ensure cloud solutions align to better practice and whole of government cyber security overlay and compliance with the Essential 8.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing ‘as a service’ capabilities
- Experience and skills across a broad range of ICT systems and environments, including mobility platforms
- Understanding and experience in the application of Systems Engineering methodologies for complex ICT system development
- Experience in the delivery and integration of complex ICT Systems
- Ability to provide engineering guidance and leadership within one or more technology domains
- An understanding of virtualisation technologies – the Departments operates Nutanix and VMware-based virtualisation platforms
- The DevOps methodology as it relates to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies and scrum
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strong coordination and organisational skills
- Very high level communications and documentation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A NV2 security clearance is mandatory for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 24 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's