SQL Database Developer
|Job Title:||SQL Database Developer|
|Start Date:||2019-09-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2019 17:07|
- Liaising closely with Project teams in the database design for new and existing applications on both SQL Server 2012 and 2016.
- Coding Stored Procedures, Triggers and other scripts using T-SQL.
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages.
- Database administration of SQL Servers including Performance Tuning, Replication, Backup/Recovery and Security.
- Providing ongoing support to Project teams and Production applications and users, including being available after hours on occasion.
- Database release management, including liaising with the Release Team and Production DBAs.
- Participating in reviews of database design, code and documentation.
- Completing the analysis, design, construction and testing of assigned functionality within allocated timeframes.
- Understanding and promoting a corporate approach to applications development through the development and re-use of components, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016/2017
- Demonstrated experience in designing, creating and maintaining large databases, including releases and release planning.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting large databases in a production environment..
- Demonstrated experience writing stored procedures and triggers with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL
- Demonstrated experience in documenting database design and maintaining data dictionary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage stakeholder relationships in a challenging IT environment.
- Knowledge of or experience of the Department's Programmes, the Services System (ESS) and/or related Department Services IT systems.
The role is based in Canberra, 9 Months Contract with a 12 Month extension option
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 19 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information