|Job Title:||User Research|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 12:48|
User researchers at the department work closely with multidisciplinary teams and are responsible for helping teams to build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations. They take the lead on designing research plans, identifying suitable research methods and facilitating research with users. Following research they lead the whole team to analyse and synthesise, communicate findings to stakeholders and work with the team to create actionable insights to guide design. The user researcher will have extensive experience working in Government and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and the service design and delivery process.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years experience in User Research, and demonstration of leading user research, including selecting and defining process, facilitating sessions, mentoring team members and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience with leading synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government and sense making for good design outcomes
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Ability to work at pace in a collaborative environment as part of an multi-disciplined cross-agency team.
- Demonstrated experience of applying the correct research practice across different stages of a service (i.e. Discovery, Alpha and Beta).
The role is based in Canberra, 6 Months Contract with 1 x 6 Months Contract extension
Security Clearance Required:
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 26 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information