System and Software Engineer - CORE and DOORS
|Job Title:||System and Software Engineer - CORE and DOORS|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Breban|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 12:10|
Project resourcing for an initial contract period until 30 June 2020 to perform tasks to support the Program of work.
The Project is an element of the SATCOM Sub-program, it is a major capability project that will provide the future Satellite Communications System.
The system will enable the Project to control additional tasking deployments, through the provision of resilient and responsive communications beyond the range and capability of other communications systems. The scope for the Project is to deliver the Space, Ground and Control Segments of the ASDSS. The Terminal Segment (either standalone or platform integrated) will be provided by the respective Services. These 4 interdependent segments will need to operate together to deliver a fully integrated capability. In addition to this, the ASDSS will need to interface with a large number of projects and assets.
Skills/Deliverables and Qualifications:
The contracted personnel (as part of the IPT) will be involved in the development of Gate 1 deliverables. This includes the review of all project inputs, detailed planning and identification of work Packages to Gate 2 including development of an Approach to Market consistent with the Approved Project Execution Strategy. This includes (but is not limited to):
• Support to development of Cabinet Submissions.
• Review of Business Case.
• Review of Cost Estimates and funding spread allocation
• Support the development of Capability Definition Documentation (Operational Concept Document (OCD), Function and Performance Specification (FPS) and Test and Evaluation Mater Plan (TEMP))
• Develop a Project Interface Control Document
• Develop Request for Tender Documentation (tailored contract)
• Develop Tender Evaluation Plans
• Develop Industry Engagement Plan
• Develop Offer Definition and Improvement Activity Plan
• Contribute to project workshops.
o The engineering resources will be responsible for developing Systems Engineering Management Plan and subordinate engineering plans (e.g. System Safety Program Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Technical Data Management Plan, etc)
RFQTS 3579 – Systems & Software Engineering – Systems Engineering L2 or L3 - Candidate Requirements include:
A minimum Bachelor of Engineering degree in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework, and be currently or eligible to be recognised as a Professional Engineer member with Engineers Australia.
- At least five years’ experience in acquisition/procurement engineering.
• Experience in interface management and facilitating Interface Control Working Groups
• Experience in requirements engineering and the development and/or review of Capability Definition Documentation
• At least five years’ experience in Defence procurement engineering.
• At least five years’ experience in authoring and/or reviewing engineering plans and documents.
• At least five years’ experience in reviewing engineering contract deliverables including plans, specifications and reports.
• Experience using Systems Engineering/Requirements Management tools (e.g. CORE and DOORS).
• Experience in Communications Engineering, preferably Satellite Communications Engineering
• Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia.
• Proven ability to work in a team and within strict deadlines.
• The engineers must demonstrate personal drive and courage to operate in a very complex environment both technically, culturally and commercially. This requires the engineers to be able to operate autonomously when required within an agreed framework and with limited supervision from the time of commencement.
• A high level of written and oral communication and leadership skills
For additional information please contact Aaron Breban on 0439394902
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's