Library Service Officer
|Job Title:||Library Service Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 13:56|
Act as first point of contact in the libraries and provide excellent, pro-active customer service. Take ownership of the end-to-end customer service and resolution of customer queries and complaints. Promote Libraries ACT services and programs and inform customers of library resources and community services and programs relevant to their needs. Support and educate customers in a range of current and emerging technologies. Actively contribute to continuous improvement, community engagement and lifelong learning initiatives.
- Demonstrated high quality customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated good organisational skills and attention to detail along with being flexible, responsive and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in:
- Reading, literature and literacy.
- Local community needs and interests, current affairs and popular culture.
- Personal commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in using and promoting current and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to workplace respect, equity and diversity Framework, workplace health and safety best practice and industrial democracy principles and practices.
Recognised qualifications in library and information studies OR a related discipline (as defined by ALIA) would be an advantage OR relevant work experience in an environment such as retail or hospitality.
Willingness to consider undertaking further education in library and information studies.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, Start date ASAP – Jan 2020
Security Clearance Required:
Police Check is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 26 September 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information