|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2019 16:33|
As a Data Analyst in our Smarter Data business area, you will lead a variety of complex data tasks and projects related to the management and governance of data through its lifecycle. This includes the acquisition, storage, preparation, destruction and sharing of data.
Communication will play a major part of your role; you will translate complex data management concepts for different audiences. You will work closely with other stakeholders in the Department, government agencies and in the private sector to deliver desired outcomes
In this role you’ll be:
• using your expertise to curate, analyse and present data and information to support operational and business decision-making
• focussed on data quality and improvement opportunities and optimising data to be available for desired business outcomes
• working with business areas and third parties to understand available data and its alignment to business needs
• supporting pilot activities to enable Department business areas to determine whether data acquisitions should proceed
• developing complex data analytic outputs and respond to ad-hoc requests for data and information to support our special purpose acquisition data operations.
Skills and Experience Required:
Our ideal job seeker
• is experienced in and can demonstrate ability to cleanse, transform and combine datasets to support the creation of curated data sets that meet complex enterprise data requirements
• is skilled in using a variety of tools, languages (including Teradata, SQL scripts, with proficiency in script development) and technical knowledge to analyse and interpret data and results
• can communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in relation to understanding a dataset or analysis
• can coach or mentor team members involved in data analysis and/or project work
• effectively manages competing work priorities and strategies to ensure business outcomes are delivered
• has ability or experience in the governance and management of large, sensitive, high value data assets
Location and Contract Term: This is a Brisbane based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 6 contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9am 3 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's