IT Test Automation Specialist
|Job Title:||IT Test Automation Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 15:14|
IT Test Automation Specialist
• Contribute towards defining a Test Automation framework and the automation of manual testing tasks across all projects within the Department.
• Apply sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Protractor/Karma, Cucumber, and automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
• Apply practical programming experience using .Net (preferably C#), SQL, XML and package management (e.g. nuget, npm etc).
• Identify and automate manual test cases where necessary.
• Mentor and guide permanent APS staff to develop automation testing competency.
• Take ownership, plan and execute both functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed timeframes.
• Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Microsoft tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Unit testing framework) for the automation of functional/system testing.
• Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
• Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
• Keep Agile Team members and reporting manager regularly informed of progress on testing, and of any risk to meeting release timelines or quality standards.
• Work within various multi-disciplined teams, using own experience to contribute towards requirements analysis, development and support processes. Identify and report on technical issues or risks and collaborate on their resolution.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders establishing, maintaining effective, influential networks and represent the Department.
• Extend and enhance the System documentation repository, covering new or changed system functionality.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with approx start date of 21 October 2019. 1 x 12 month contract extension pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Project Officer
Automation Engineer – multiple positions level 4 (TSPV)
Enterprise CRM Project Specialist
ICT Security Systems Engineer and Analytics Specialist Level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)