Data Management Officer
|Job Title:||Data Management Officer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 15:17|
This is an exciting time to join our Data Management branch with the Department acquiring data at much greater volume, velocity and variety than ever before.
As a Data Management Officer in our Smarter Data business area, you will lead a variety of complex data tasks and projects related to the management and governance of data through its lifecycle. This includes the acquisition, storage, preparation, destruction and sharing of data.
Communication will play a major part of your role; you will translate complex data management concepts for different audiences. You will work closely with other stakeholders in the Department, government agencies and in the private sector to deliver desired outcomes.
The Special Purpose Acquisition team support multiple Department business areas. This role is expected to primarily focus on data acquisitions that support the Departments work on a range of education, engagement and enhanced enforcement activities to address the tax and superannuation aspects of the black economy. In this role you’ll be:
- assessing end-to-end business strategy and rationale involving proposed new data acquisitions
- supporting business areas to understand and meet their legal and governance requirements relating to special purpose data acquisitions
- working with business areas and third parties to understand available data and its alignment to business needs
- supporting pilot activities to enable Departmnet business areas to determine whether data acquisitions should proceed
- engage with data analysts to understand data quality and improvement opportunities and support the data to be put to use to meet the desired business outcomes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- builds highly productive working relationships, negotiating and influencing business partners across both technical and business areas on complex issues to achieve outcomes
- has knowledge and experience in managing and governing large, sensitive, high value data assets
- works independently to prioritise and manage tasks to meet conflicting deadlines in an environment of continuous change
- is an established leader who can build and share knowledge, developing wider organisational capabilities in leading data management practises
- preferably has experience in data acquisition, data governance and data ethics.
Location and Contract Term: Approx start date of 21 October 2019 wtih contract till 18 October 2020. This role can be conducted in Canberra, Sydney or Chermside.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline level security clearance is desirable. At a minimum, the willingness and commitment to apply for such a clearance in a timely manner is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 10 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Support Officer for Security Operations (TSPV)
ICT Network Security Firewall Specialist Level 4 (TSPV)
Portfolio Analysis - POMG Level 5
Portfolio Analysis - STPL Level 5