Cyber Security Policy and Standards Consultant
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Policy and Standards Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Zielinski|
|Job Published:||October 10, 2019 12:36|
Start: Mid - October
Our client is seeking a suitably experienced Cyber Security Policy Consultant to undertake a review and re-design of the Department’s existing cyber security policies and standards.
The project is anticipated to span between 2 and 3 months and will involve reviewing and aligning their existing security policies and standards with the Department’s cyber security requirements, Government’s Information Security Management Framework (ISMF) and other industry standards, applicable laws, regulations and government-mandated policies. Depending on availability, work will ideally commence in October, spanning through November.
It is anticipated that the proposed solution will involve, at a minimum;
1. Assessing the design and structure of ICT policies and standards and making recommendations on how the existing framework can be improved for readability, easy of use and document management.
2. Conducting an audit of existing policy and standard requirements against industry accepted security frameworks such as ISO 27000 series, NIST CSF and PCI DSS to identify gaps in existing documentation.
3. Re-design and develop a set of ICT security policies and standards in line with the new framework and considering of any identified policies statement gaps.
4. Socialisation of newly drafted policies and standards with key ICT personnel and other stakeholders.
5. Coordinating socialisation, review and approval of the new policies in accordance with the Department’s Operational Policy Development Framework.
The expected deliverable/s of this engagement are:
- Re-designed ICT policies and standards framework or plan
- New set of security policies and standards (approximately 15 documents)
- Mapping spreadsheet of old policy and standard requirements, security framework, requirements and laws and regulations with the new policy and standard statements.
- Socialisation meetings with relevant stakeholders to collect and implement feedback on the revised documents.
- Coordination of activities to obtain executive endorsement and approval of policies and standards in line with the Department’s Operational Policy Development Framework.
To be considered for this role, you will be an Australian Citizen and hold an NV1 clearance.
If you require further information please call Fiona on 1300 944 936
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's