EL1 - Project Manager
|Job Title:||EL1 - Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||October 10, 2019 14:36|
Key Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Manage, deliver and monitor projects that may have an organisation-wide impact
- Develop, manage and implement project plans and schedules in accordance with the department's project management framework and consider project interdependencies
- collaborate with staff in immediate work area and with internal and external stakeholders
- contribute to project design, governance arrangements and operational integration
- ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- coordinate strategic planning for longer term project initiatives
- develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- provide expert advice and feedback to stakeholders and the department's executive
- research, review and evaluate projects in specific operational or technical areas
- report on project outputs to stakeholders, and oversee regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports
- prepare and review written material including business cases, plans, reports and executive briefs and corporate documentation
- undertake budget management, monitor expenditure and oversee procurement and contract management
- identify, assess, manage, escalate, report and monitor project risks, issues and benefits, including:
- analyse project performance and coordinate quality management to ensure that project deliverables are fit for purpose and meet client needs
- support innovation, manage and lead change and significantly contribute to business improvement strategies
- develop and manage key stakeholder relationships and expectations to deliver projects
- represent the work area or department at external and cross-agency forums, including conferences and meetings
- exercise delegations appropriate to role in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering digital products and services
- Demonstrated experience in Waterfall and Agile practices, including SAFe and/or Kanban, and is accustom to project and program management frameworks and policies.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to working with strong organisational and communication skills, across a broad spectrum of Technical and Non-Technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing needs and comfortable in a dynamic, agile and fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrating personal resilience and applying well developed influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution and mediation skills.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Months Contract with 2 x 12 Possible Extension Options.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A Baseline security clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain
How to Apply:
Applications close 16 October 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's