SQL Database Administrator
|Job Title:||SQL Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Breban|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2019 14:04|
We are seeking a motivated and highly capable senior Microsoft SQL Database Administrator to join our team responsible for providing a range of Business as Usual services to clients involving the design, implementation, performance tuning, resilience, maintenance and fault resolution of database systems.
As a member of our support team your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Working with application teams with regard to their database needs;
- Undertake regular maintenance on all databases;
- Ensure databases are backed up to the customers specifications;
- Performance tuning of systems;
- Provide recommendations to improve database performance and resiliency;
- Ensuring effective data backup and recovery methods and recovery options are in place;
- Undertake approved changes as required in the environments;
- Provide database upgrades to maintain currency and supportability;
- Implement any security related improvements as recommended by the vendor;
- Work with third party application vendors to assist in the upgrade of the customer systems;
- Customer technical relationship and service delivery management;
- Supporting customer network security environments in an onsite and remote capacity; and
- Undertake continuous improvement activities to optimise and improve the customer's environment.
- Information Technology degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Current Microsoft Certifications in SQL.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience upgrading SQL versions to current
- Experience with SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Experience with SQL Enterprise Editions
- Experience with MySQL a plus.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Other skills such as virtualisation systems, Microsoft System Centre, SQL Reporting, Power BI, also considered a plus.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- Have an active NV1 AGSVA security clearance (or higher) or at least the ability and willingness to obtain and hold one.
For additional information please contact email@example.com