|Job Title:||UI Designer|
|Start Date:||2019-10-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2019 10:22|
The UI Designer role will be to create new and improved user experiences across a range of employment related programmes and channels. Should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and transform them into innovative and functional user interfaces.
Tasks of the UI Designer:
- Collaborate with product owners to engineer, define and implement innovative solutions for the production direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Codify design guidelines within a new design system
- Present and defend designs and Key Milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Design to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility.
- Demonstrate excellent information architecture, user interface design and digital prototyping skills
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI Design with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience creating wireframes, Storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other visual design and wire framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supporting and participating in user research and service design activities.
- Experience in working in an Agile development process.
- Experience with analytical tools to test user experience.
- Experience developing Design Systems or Styleguides.
- Understanding of and experience designing and implementing to meet web accessibility standards.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, Immediate start Contract until 30 June 2020
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is desirable or the ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 21 October 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information