|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Start Date:||2019-10-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 17:16|
A Business Analyst (BA) is required to support the Data delivery stream within the Department. This role will be responsible to develop requirements and define the supporting processes, roles and responsibilities for both new and changing Department solutions. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in documenting requirements, mapping out processes, and defining roles and/or responsibilities for data stores, data services and bespoke applications. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have previously worked on a large significant transformation program, working to implement a greenfield enterprise data platform, data management and data service capability. Including both the delivery and transition to operation of chosen solutions within a largeorganisation
The successful candidate will be responsible for: • Providing Business Analysis services to the delivery stream projects, including elicitation and management of requirements, to support project delivery. • Completing ad-hoc analysis and providing recommendations as requested. • Completing process analysis and design activities aligned with process standards as requested. • Working collaboratively with a diverse set of stakeholders - internal and external to the Department. • Building working relationships within the Department Program to enable successful delivery. Proactively identify dependencies, risks and issues for the Project, and manage dependencies, risks or issues allocated to them aligned to the agreed framework. • Ensuring BA deliverables align to the standards and expectations set by the BA Capability team. • Supporting continuous improvement and working with the BA Capability team to implement improvement initiatives. • Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve products and services. • Comply with all Department work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Exposure to large waterfall based transformation programs.
- Strong business analysis skills set including elicitation of functional and non-functional requirements, requirements management and traceability across data projects.
- Technical capability to analyse needs and articulate requirements for the underpinning data platform capabilities.
- Strong experience working on data platforms for organisations that have distributed data collection points using a variety of equipment, and complex data processing needs.
- Experience defining requirements including technology solution, process and people capabilities.
- Experience setting up data capabilities in a greenfield environment.
- Experiencinq working with a diverse stakeholder group including ICT operations and technical teams, as well as customer facing and business operations teams.
- Experience working in teams with external vendors, including vendor business analysts.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. articulate, engaging), with a flexible style and approach in writing clear and concise documentation.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive, results driven, with the ability to structure their own work in complex environments.
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. Approx start date end of November with contract till 30 June 2020. 4 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's