Big Data (Hadoop) Engineer
|Job Title:||Big Data (Hadoop) Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2019 12:17|
The Department has a requirement for an experienced Big Data Engineer to work within the Integrated Information Environment Program within Technology & Innovation.
The Big Data Engineer will focus on the development of best practice data streams from Department source systems. The role will consist of Systems Administration activities, vendor engagement/product evaluation and on-going maintenance of infrastructure deployed at regional sites.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience implementing role based access control within a Hadoop platform.
- Proven system implementation and integration skills, including but not limited to; systems configuration and change management process and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Expertise in the following technologies:
- RHEL Linux (or similar) administration and support experience
- Graph databases.
- Database administration and management experience including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, Oracle and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience working in the government sector especially with agencies that run sensitive solutions
- Experience with containerisation technologies
- Proven DevOps experience in large infrastructure environment, big data platform experience
- Automation experience in private or public cloud, relevant qualifications and certifications.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract from start date. 1 x 12 month contract extension pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain and maintain a NV1 security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's