IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 16:56|
We are seeking a hardworking and experienced project manager to enhance the delivery confidence of projects within the Departments Data and Analytics environment.
As Project Managers in our Smarter Data business area, you will be responsible for planning, organising, leading and controlling work relating to the operation of complex projects. This includes the delivery of priority work items, monitoring and measuring the progress of key project activities, and developing strategies and work plans. You will utilise project and program management frameworks to ensure that projects are delivered within their given timeframes and quality requirements.
You will analyse and define business requirements, design patterns, strategies, processes and work plans to progress project activities. You will manage relationships and work closely with internal and external business partners across complex or sensitive issues to inform, negotiate and influence outcomes.
You will lead a team and share your expertise with others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Is highly experienced in the operation and delivery of ICT or data & analytics projects in an Agile environment
- Provide high-level advice on, and technical expertise in, contemporary complex project management including methodologies, tools and techniques
- Deliver results with a large degree of independence within the DepartmentsProject Management Framework, policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
- Be accountable for managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
- Be accountable for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements; share own expertise with others; guide and mentor less experienced staff and to work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
- Represent the Department at external forums and liaise on behalf of the Department on significant, complex, or technical project management issues with external practitioners, industry representatives and government agencies
- Plan, coordinate and undertake high level research, analysis and implementation of project management and design methodologies to manage projects, within the Department, other government agencies and private sector entities
- Initiate, manage, plan and/or direct major high profile, complex or research projects; designing and documenting project management related processes including governance and assurance processes for projects and programs
- Solve problems, particularly with reference to stakeholder negotiations and issue resolution
- Develop advice, strategies and devise solutions to complex project, policy or program issues that ensure achievement of Department outcomes and objectives
- Coordinate functions, activities or advice that requires consideration of options, analysis of information and assessment of impacts on the Departments operation
- Plan, coordinate and undertake high-level research and analysis with regard to technical and non-technical project management matters
Location and Contract Term: This role can be conducted in either Canberra or Melbourne. Approx start date of Mid November 2019 with contract till May 2020. 3 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close COB 1 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's