IT Application Developer
|Job Title:||IT Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2019 13:27|
We are seeking highly motivated Mainframe developers to join in our dynamic team to work in number of applications which are running in the Mainframe production domain. The branch is responsible for developing, delivering and supporting number of new initiatives or enhancements to the existing functionalities to support Activity Statement related processing and an associated accounting related changes . These changes can comes through either as a production incidents or a small change or new initiatives or through Applications Modernisation program etc. The successful candidate is accountable for to coordinate and undertake detailed, complex, IT technical or sensitive operational and administrative work that impacts on the Departments operations. It may be required to produce high-level IT technical, operational and procedural advice, engaging in complex problem solving and issues management.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience in developing and maintenance of computer applications through agile methodology and in accordance with Department standards and guidelines
• Identify problems in application and infrastructure areas and assess their significance and provide technical solutions to resolve the issues
• Maintain effective performance levels, own expertise and build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer
• Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
• Support all phases of the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation, and maintenance
• Understand the strategic objectives of stakeholders in the development of products and delivery mechanisms to improve business outcomes
• Engage with stakeholders on complex issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Provide expert advice to senior staff and relevant business areas on operational and administrative work, and develop strategies to resolve operational and administrative problems
• Lead, change and deal with uncertainty while addressing production issues in a positive and flexible manner.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract role with an approx start date of 2 December 2019. 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's